Ephlux is seeking a talented QA automation engineer to design testing procedures for our software applications. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of the applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance. You will also be required to identify bugs and collaborate with the software design team.
To ensure success as a QA automation engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills. A skilled QA automation engineer can design and write efficient test procedures for every software application.
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
- Review software bug reports and highlight problem areas.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a similar field.
- 1-3 years of experience working as a QA automation engineer.
- Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detailed knowledge of application functions, bug fixing, and testing protocols.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good project management skills.
- Hands-on experience in automating scripts using Selenium / JMeter.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Translates the test requirements into automation testing procedures
- Work with the DevOps team to integrate the test automation into the CI/CD pipeline