- January 26, 2009
- Posted by: admin
- Categories: Blog, Business Dynamics, Enterprise Agility, Enterprise Software
Obama seems to be the most tech-driven leader following John. F. Kennedy. Recently got his BlackBerry customized for security purposes and to eliminate concerns like e-mail could be hacked or GPS used to locate president, phone capable of encrypting voice conversations, handling classified documents.
The most significant item provided by Obama is the Technology and Innovation Plan (Click here to download) and the urge to appoint a CTO to advance the government’s I.T infrastructure. Below is the outline of Obama’s Tech and Innovation plan:
• Ensure the full and free exchange of information among Americans through an open Internet and diverse media outlets.
• Create a transparent and connected democracy.
• Encourage the deployment of a modern communications infrastructure.
• Employ technology and innovation to solve our nation’s most pressing problems, including reducing the costs of health care, encouraging the development of new clean energy sources, and improving public safety.
• Improve America’s competitiveness.
Do you think its time for Technology VC’s, Entrepreneurs, Tech services and product provider companies to get excited for another boom?